Monday, January 26, 2009

Under a Red Blood Sky (part 2)


Second part of our review on the DVD of the famous concert at Red Rocks, Denver ,Colorado, 1983.


The band quickly moved into the next song, ‘Twilight’ and then one of my favourite earlier songs, ‘An Cat Dubh/Into the heart’, followed. The Edge’s guitar in this song is so seductive … and you can feel the mood of the song, remembering that Bono said this song is ‘definitely about sex’ … oh yes, it is!

The band´s performances was so energetic and I had the impression that it was tangible and real..and when I saw the stream emanating from their mouth as they breathed, I gathered maybe they were also trying to stay warm!

Before "Surrender" could start, Bono had something he wanted to share with the crowd:

"What can I say, really? What can I say? You know, at first we wanted to make this film in the sunshine, here at Red Rocks, and then we realised that would be very wrong for this group.This is what´s right for this group, this film.This film is going right across the world as a record of tonight. You wanna say hello to Japan? Say hello to Japan! From an LP titled, "War", a song titled "Surrender".Would you dance with me?"

And of course,who could resist?




"Two hearts beat as one" is another of my early favourites, and seeing them performing this live, was absolutely amazing!"Seconds"was a crowd favourite, and youcould see them singing along with Bono, despite the cold and the drizzly rain.

No comments: