Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Cover of No Line on the Horizon???

"Mystery of mysteries, water and air are right there before us in the sea. Every time I view the sea, I feel a calming sense of security, as if visiting my ancestral home; I embark on a voyage of seeing..." H.Sugimoto


Rumours go that the cover of the new album could be a picture by artist Hiroshi Sugimoto.
Born on 1948, Sugimoto is a Japanese photograher currently dividing his time between Tokyo and New York.His catalog is made up of a number of series, each having a distinct theme and similar attributes.Sugimoto has spoken of his work as an expression of ‘time exposed’, or photographs serving as a time capsule for a series of events in time. His work also focuses on transience of life, and the conflict between life and death.Sugimoto is also deeply influenced by the writings and works of Duchamp as well as the Dadaist and Surrealist movements as a whole. He has also expressed a great deal of interest in late 20th century modern architecture. he has said:"I try to never be satisfied; this way I will always be challenging my spirit."
See his website: www.sugimotohiroshi.com

Some think that the above picture could be the cover of the new album. It may be true, but I also think that if U2 chose Sugimoto (whose work philosophy seems similar to that of the band's)
it could due to his originality so the photographer might have made a new piece of work for the band. But as I said before these are all rumours...


No comments: