Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ann Xiao, animation artist of GOYB


In her blog the animation artist Ann Xiao,writes about her work in the new video for U2´s GOYB.
She says that working in this project took her 10 days to complete the nearly four minutes of film, hundreds of lenses, fast switch to the rhythm, animation combined with live shots.
She confesses that,

“In junior high school when I gave my brother to listen to U2, and I did not expect that one day I can personaly direct their music video! The new song Get on your Boots I like, listened along addiction, filled with extreme levels of rock."


She also explains the storyline of the video:

"The film is about feminist girl power, women are the future, women save the world. I am responsible for all design and animation. Martyn is responsible for live shooting and editing. “

In the story, the heroine kicks, punches her way through the video with loud gunfire. Ann Xiao says it is a lot of fun and that it made her dream of Bono saying:

“This isn’t a music video. This is a computer game!”


source:http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog

No comments: