Monday, February 15, 2010

Achtung Baby Makes it into The Vatican´s 10 Best Albums


L'Osservatore Romano,the Vatican´s newspaper, has published a list of the best 10 albums in history. They have included Achtung Baby in the list.

The Vatican´s choice include:

- Thriller, Michael Jackson
- The Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floid
- Revolver, The Beatles.
- Supernatural, Carlos Santana.
- Rumours, Fleetwood Mac.
- If I Could Only Remember My Name, David Crosby.
- Achtung Baby, U2.
- Nightfly, Donald Fajen.
- (What's the Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis.
- Graceland, Paul Simon.

The paper said that just the song "One" justifies AB to be in their list, and consideres it a "symbol of the 90's".
Do you think Pope Benedictus has listened to "Acrobat" in his I-pod? I wonder what he thinks of this line..."I’d break bread and wine, if there was a church I could receive in".


source:www.vatican.va

No comments: