Monday, December 15, 2008

Tom Jones presents new album

In Madrid, Spain, Tom Jones presented his new albums "24 Hours" which includes a song penned by Bono and Edge´s collaboration.
Sugar Daddy was written after the veteran singer met the supergroup frontman in a Dublin nightclub. It refers to Sir Tom's early days as a building site worker. He has now sold more than 100m records worldwide. "I was in a club in Dublin and I was talking to Bono and asked him if he would write me a song, so he said I'll write you one but I need to know a lot about you so I can write something about you," Sir Tom told BBC Radio Wales.

"He came up with Sugar Daddy."

"I told him all kinds of things and about how I worked on building sites. He wrote 'you're gonna get your hands dirty when you're digging a ditch,' but the next line is fantastic - 'boredom is God's revenge on the rich!'"



No comments: