Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Eve Hewson: A Star On Her Own Right

The best of friends: Eve Hewson with This Must Be The Place co-star Sean Penn during the Sundance Film Festival earlier this week


'Working with Sean Penn was a little scary!' Bono's daughter Eve Hewson on her critically-acclaimed new movie This Must Be The Place.



Nobody could accuse Eve Hewson of being a stranger to celebrity – not with U2’s Bono and Ali Hewson as her parents.
But the young actress has admitted to being starstruck –not to mention terrified –  at the prospect of working alongside Hollywood heavyweight Sean Penn in her latest film, This Must Be The Place.


Eve confessed: 'It was a little scary. I remember when I got the part, I watched all his movies. All of them, going back to Bad Boys. So I was trying to do my homework. 
'But when I met him, he was great. I think we had a good working relationship.'

Cast in the role of Mary – a young punk who befriends Penn’s eccentric rock star, Cheyenne, in the film – Eve said she couldn’t believe her luck at winning a place in the star-studded ensemble, which includes Academy Award winner, Frances McDormand and Ireland’s Olwen Fouere.Screen star: The movie is currently the toast of the prestigious festival





'I looked at the call sheet [a film’s daily shooting schedule] and my name was smack in the middle of Frances McDormand and Sean Penn and it was like, "How is this happening? This is unreal",' the 20-year-old Dubliner recalled.
'It was very intimidating. I saved the call sheet.'
As she lapped up the plaudits at the star-studded event in Park City, Utah, over the weekend, Eve said having a film featured at the prestigious festival was cause for celebration.
'I always wanted to go to Sundance. I came two years ago, just with friends, and we went to see some movies. And I thought, "God, I really want to have a movie here!" ' she said.
'I’m really proud of the film. It’s quirky and a little crazy and it’s funny and it’s sad.'


Previously cast in the independent film The 27 Club – a movie about rock stars dying young – as well the video for Dublin band The Script’s For The First Time, Eve seems to be making a speciality of rock-themed movies.
But she insists that Penn’s eccentric character in This Must Be The Place bears no resemblance to her famous father.
Eve is the first of the U2 rocker’s children to make a bid for the spotlight in her own right – and mother Ali has said she wished the youngster had chosen a different career.


Read more here
.
Watch an interview with Eve hewson  by V
anity Fair senior West Coast editor Krista Smith at the Sundance Festival here 


http://www.dailymail.co.uk
http://www.vanityfair.com

No comments: