Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!!



An amazing U2 year has come to an end. The hugest, most succesful rock tour reached most corners of the world and millions of people vibrate at the sound of the Irish rock legend. 
And now it´s time to rest and celebrate. In the personal sphere I am more than pleased to have been able to see the band that has rocked my world for more than 25 years live in three opportunities and I am proud to say that I joined other fellow ONErs in the local  campaign to make people aware of what this great NGO is capable of doing in the field of ending extreme poverty and fighting against AIDs globally . You know, "together as ONE we can make the difference". 
Waiting for the New Year´s Day listening to U2 has become a ritual, at least my personal one, and surely my choice is (what else?) New Year´s Day , this time I have chosen the version they played at Estadio Unico, La Plata (my hometown), Argentina, on April 2nd (thanks to YouTube user terrosittich).I still recall the goosebumps, the adrenaline rush, the emotion when I heard those first bass riffs and my inner wish coming true, I had dreamed of listening to that song live for years...
Thanks for reading this blog, it´s been a pleasure to see that I share my passion for U2 with thousands of yous... This blog started as a hobby,  two friends united by a common passion (even when they both live in opposite corners of the world) a desire to communicate what the band of our lives was doing and  celebrate what they embody (at least for us): love, friendship, commitment, wish for something better, and above dreaming out loud!!!

Happy New Year!!! May 2012 bring us a new U2 album and  whatever our fave band choose to share with us; but above all  (and more than ever) Peace and Love around the world...


No comments: