Friday, October 2, 2009

New single?


In the RS interview, Bono tells the magazine that "Every Breaking Wave" could be released as new single during the spring of 2010. Iit was Jimmy Iovine´s favourite, a song the band didn´t include in NLOTH.
According to what the band says in the interview, they are going to take advantage of the winter recess to go back to the studio and work with those songs they discarded for NLOTH. They also want to go back to the material they had recorded with producer Rick Rubin while Bono and Edge will devote their time(any free time?) to their Superman project.

Bono: We certainly don't want to go away for a few years. [The next] album is called Songs of Ascent, and it's a very clear idea. If we're going to do another rock record, I want to do Spider-Man. I just haven't talked Adam and Larry into that.

I would like to have one of our songs on the pop charts. It's my only disappointment [with No Line on the Horizon] People love, love the album it's had rave reviews, not just in the U.S., but all over the world. But I would like a few pop songs on it. So I would like, even on Songs of Ascent, songs that have a shot at that. I would like to come back with a new single in the spring — "Every Breaking Wave" was Jimmy Iovine's favorite song, and lots of people got upset when we took that off.


source:www.rollingstone.com

No comments: