Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"My Way"


My Way , the famous album by Frank Sinatra, originally released in 1969 will be relaunched by the end of the year.

The album is a collection of contemporary pop songs, such as Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson", and The Beatles' "Yesterday", French songs such as "If You Go Away", and of course the anthemic title song "My Way", which effectively became Sinatra's theme song in this latter stage of his career.

My Way was reissued by Concord Records in 2009 to mark its 40th Anniversary. Two bonus tracks were included, and new liner notes from Bono. The bonus tracks were a rehearsal of "For Once in My Life" from 1969, for Sinatra's eponymous Emmy Award nominated 1969 television special, Sinatra, and a live 1987 performance of "My Way" at the Reunion Arena, Dallas, Texas.

Bono's liner notes had previously appeared as his New York Times Op-ed column on January 9, 2009. The article discussed Bono's personal relationship with Sinatra, and Sinatra's thoughts on Miles Davis. Bono also mused on Sinatra's performances of "My Way", and the new year.

Bono had sung with Sinatra "I´ve got you under my skin" in 1993.

No comments: