Thursday, July 30, 2009

From Fan to Playwright


www.atu2.com has posted an interview with Barri Tsavaris, playwright ,performer but above all U2 fan.
She has written "I Will Follow" a full-length play about how her love for U2 has woven itself into her life. Next month that play, I Will Follow, will debut in Manhattan at FringeNYC, which is the largest multi-arts festival in North America and features performers from around the world. Ten percent of all ticket proceeds will go to the ONE Campaign.
She says of her play:

"I Will Follow is a semi-autobiographical story about the pleasures and pitfalls of a young woman’s fanatical obsession with U2 -- one of the few constants in an otherwise (hilariously) tumultuous life. It's my story, but dramatized. Through a series of flashbacks, I introduce the audience to the colorful characters I've met along the way (my charmingly overbearing mother, other U2 fans, and the Bono who watches over me, who I call "Bono-God"). My love of U2 guides me through some tough times and provides many amazing experiences, but my character is often challenged to find a healthy balance between being a devoted fan and living a realistic life. Ultimately it's about my search for truth, love and religion through the music of U2, and the challenge of finding yourself when you're already committed to following something else."

To read the whole interview,click here.

For more info about the play, click here.

source:www.atu2.com//www.iwillfollowtheplay.com/

No comments: