Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bono and The Edge contributing to Tom Jones´s new album


The new Tom Jones album features a duet with Bono and The Edge, he has revealed.
The Welsh pop veteran returns with a collection of all original material later this year, his first since 2008's "Reload".
The U2 pair guest on "Sugar Daddy", while the rest of the record has been co-written by Jones or with other collaborators.
Bruce Springsteen's "The Hitter" and "I'm Alive" by Tommy James and the Shondells are the only covers on "24 Hours".
Speaking about his comeback, Jones, now 68, said he wanted to be "a contender" once again. "The fire is still in me", he explained.
Speaking about the album, he continued: "I wanted my voice to sound as natural as possible.
"The arrangements and the production needs to be modern, but the vocal needs to sound like me."
"24 Hours" is slated for a November release.

No comments: