Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Having fun with U2 (part 1)



  • How many members of U2 does it take to change a lightbulb? Just One. Bono holds the lightbulb and the world revolves around him!!!

  • Bono: The only song we thought might go to number one was “One”The Edge: We should have called it ‘Fourteen’, because that’s where it went in the charts!

  • Bono answering the question "What are you like?"Tall, intelligent, modest...
  • Bono answering about the possibility that his birthday became a holiday in Ireland. "I’m all for it. Like, why wait until I’m dead? Why not get all that stuff that happens to dead people now? I could come up with a deal. Maybe we could let the tourist buses in!!!"

  • [about Larry's feet,Rattle & Hum] Edge: If I had feet like that Lawrence, I wouldn't want them in the film. Larry : If I had a head like yours, I'd bleedin' bury it.

  • Don't get me too excited because I use four letter words when I get excited.Bono

  • "I'm using all this shit to my advantage. Otherwise I'm going to be looking for a job."Larry

  • We've made a career out of our personality crises, well, certainly I have."Bono

  • "What ever you do, do not get into a car with Bono. He's not great at the old driving." The Edge

  • I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates" -Adam Clayton, on what he does for a living.

  • From an interview w/ B.P. Fallon:BP: Did you ever think you were going to die?LARRY: Yes, only on the back of Bono's motorbike!EDGE: Only on the back of Bono's motorbike.ADAM: Only in the back of Bono's car.BONO: Die, no. Squashed, yes!!"

  • "There are four members of U2. If there is a fifth non-musical member, it is PaulMcGuiness. Either that or Adam's willie!" Bono

  • "I can't even say the bloody word. Achtung Baby." Larry

  • Q: If the four of you were in a fight, I mean a truly tough brawl, which one of you would kick the other three's asses? (2001)Larry: Bono Adam: Bono Edge: Bono Bono: Me

No comments: