Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Seriously underrated...




Today is Julian Lennon´s 45th birthday...and I feel like celebrating...yes, Julian, not John,his father...

He started his promising carrer in the 80´s with wonderful songs like "Valotte" or "Too late for goodbyes"(a very telling title)but he had inconvenients with the record label and he quit. He spent the next few years living the life he had previously been denied during his punishing schedule. Relaxing in his lakeside house in Northern Italy.Cooking, Photography, Sailing, Travelling. Accumulating antiques, rifling through flea markets. Anything that didn’t involve the dreaded ’m’-word. During this time Julian even considered other career options: "I needed to think about a life outside the industry. I’ve always been interested in architecture, interior design, photography and cooking, but in the end I started playing again because of my love of music - and I didn’t want to walk away from it all with the last four albums as My legacy!"

And what a legacy!!! After all he´s the son of the most influential rocker, singer, lyricist ,writer,pacifist, humanitarian of the century!!!

In his MySpace he confesses..."If I was gonna write again I had to live again I had to look deep inside myself and start again." So says Julian Lennon of his decision to return to the music industry after an absence of over eight years. Indeed at the start of this decade it seemed unlikely that Julian would ever record again. Despite the fact that he launched his career with the international hit single ’Too Late for Goodbyes,’ despite the fact that between the years 1984 and 1991 he released four albums with combined sales of over five and a half million, Julian had tired of the media circus.

His new songs..."Everything changes","Disconnected" are worth mentioning as terrific songs with moving lyrics as, "Children of the world"...

Children of the world, deserve a paradise...Open up your eyes it's plain to see...It's up to you and me...Love has the strength to change this world...

So Mr Lennon, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope your new career launching proves succesful as you really deserve it!!!

No comments: