Monday, May 13, 2019

Adam Clayton at Tommy Tiernan's show in RTE One

Resultado de imagen para he Tommy Tiernan Show adam clayton

U2's Adam Clayton was the latest guest on The Tommy Tiernan Show and it was another candid interview.
Clayton opened up on the negative impact the band's worldwide fame had on him as well as his battle with alcohol.

“Success very much went to my head,” he said. “I think if you get everything your heart desires by – really we were making records by the time we were 20, by the time we were 25 and 26 we could pay our rent no problem, we owned cars, we could travel, and by the time The Joshua Tree hit we could buy a house – anyone I’ve met who’s experienced success and fame in that way in those years it takes them a long time to recover from it, and that sounds like a complaint but that’s just what happens.”


Adam C.layton Tommy Tiernan



He added: "You lose your sense of yourself you lose a sense of reality. I was kind of very unhappy so I drank and I drugged and got myself in tabloid newspapers, and embarrassed kind of everyone I knew, and myself, but you know you come through it and you learn from it and maybe that’s what young men do anyway.”

Clayton said he has to “work really quite hard at keeping my sanity on and off the road, and my thinking can take me to bad places, my thinking is not always reliable," adding that it was a big plus having his bandmates around to "check" him.

Clayton said he's happiest during his time on stage with U2 when he can focus on nothing but the music.







Source of the video:Ultraviolet FanClub Brazil



No comments: