Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peru: Bono writes letter to President Humala


Bono wrapped up his visit to Peru yesterday after visiting Lima, Machu Picchu, and the Tambopata Natural Reserve. But before leaving the country, Bono took the opportunity to write President Ollanta Humala a letter.

“Thank you for sending my family and I your best wishes. We are very aware of your committed fight to end extreme poverty in Peru […] we applaud this and are delighted to be travelling in this enchanting country at a time of positive change,” Bono said, in his hand written letter.


“We know you have bigger obstacles to climb than Machu Picchu! But we will be there to cheer you when you ‘take the summit’.”


The Irish singer added that he hoped to visit Lima again, “next time you see me I hope I will have a guitar in my hand […]”
"Maybe then we could have a coffee or tea or something stronger!"
Bono closed the letter saying he had heard Humala was “an open man” with fine people working alongside him, like Finance Minister Luis Castilla.
Full letter here. 

No comments: